The Museum offers a variety of tour options described below for groups of 10 or more adults, youth, or students. Bookings must be made in advance. Groups enjoy a 10% discount in the Pickman Museum Shop. To make a reservation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 646.437.4304.
A group visit offers a special opportunity to share this very meaningful museum experience with family, friends, and colleagues. The Museum's facilitated and guided tour options (see descriptions below) enable adult groups to explore the Museum's Core and special exhibitions while drawing upon the extensive experiences of our Gallery Educators. Visitors can also see the Core exhibition accompanied by the Museum's Audio Tour, narrated by Meryl Streep and Itzhak Perlman.
Click here for information about special exhibition tours.
Self-guided visits may be reserved at any time during regular Museum hours. A Museum staff person will greet your group and give you your tickets. You may then explore the galleries at your own pace, using our displays and video testimony to enrich your experience.
Cost: $10 per person, including general admission to the Museum.
Audio Tour Programs
Available to Groups of up to 35
Audio tour programs may be reserved in conjunction with general tickets. In this award-winning audio tour, the voices of Meryl Streep and Itzhak Perlman guide your group through the Museum. Designed to allow you to explore the Museum’s Core Exhibition in depth, this narrative will expand your knowledge of the history and the artifacts. A version of the audio tour is also available in Spanish.
Cost: $14 per person, including general admission to the Museum.
Facilitated visits allow your group to view the galleries with assistance from an extensively trained Gallery Educator. The Gallery Educator will be on hand to orient your group and to answer questions throughout the galleries.
Cost: $12 per person, including general admission to the Museum.
Guided Tour Programs
Groups desiring a fully guided tour may arrange to have a Gallery Educator lead a structured program in the Core and/or special exhibition galleries of the Museum. One Gallery Educator is assigned to each group of 20, and will highlight some of the Museum's most significant artifacts, including detailed information about the Museum's collections. Thematic tours are available based upon your group's particular interests.
Costs: $14 per person, including general admission to the Museum.
As an educational institution, the Museum of Jewish Heritage — A Living Memorial to the Holocaust is committed to reaching and teaching students and instructors from a broad spectrum of schools. The Museum offers guided class visits led by trained Gallery Educators, pre- and post-visit curriculum materials, classroom speakers, and educator-training workshops – all designed to integrate the Museum visit into the process of classroom learning.
Types of tours offered to schools.
How to book a school visit.
Planning Your Group Visit
- Special discounted admission programs are also available for school and youth groups.
- The average Museum visit takes two hours, however there is no time limit for your visit. You may stay as long as you wish.
- The Museum is ADA compliant and is equipped with wheelchairs, walking cane chairs, and elevators to accommodate all visitors. In addition, each video exhibit is captioned for the hearing impaired.
- Kosher boxed lunches may be arranged in advance.
- The Museum is located conveniently near many of the city's most popular tourist destinations, including ferry launches to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. Close to the World Trade Center, Wall Street, and other downtown attractions, the Museum is well served by public transportation and commercial parking lots.