The Museum of Jewish Heritage – A Living Memorial to the Holocaust educates about the broad tapestry of Jewish life before, during, and after the Holocaust. The Associate Director of School and Teacher Programs ensures students and teachers have the opportunity to learn from the Museum’s collections and exhibitions in line with school curriculum.
- Planning and implementing professional development for teachers, including budget proposal and oversight, program evaluation and reporting, and writing applications for NYC DOE ASPDP and CTLE credit when appropriate.
- Supporting the planning and implementation of interfaith school programs, special school partnerships, and partnerships with American service academies.
- Writing curriculum for exhibitions, including tours, lessons, worksheets, teachers’ guides, writing and leading virtual and in person stand-alone lessons, as well as updating and adding to online Holocaust Curriculum as needed.
- Proposing tour educator assignments monthly and updating as needed.
- Representing the Museum at professional association conferences for teachers.
- Assisting in trainings and scheduling of Museum Gallery Educators and interns.
- Writing and editing final reports on programs and department website content.
- Overseeing event registration, outreach database updates, maintenance and reporting on data about school and teacher programs, and others.
- Supervise School and Teacher Programs Coordinator
- Other responsibilities including leading tours and lessons as needed, assisting with tour group entry, and other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of experience as a full-time classroom teacher (middle school level and above preferred)
- MA or MS in Education, History, Holocaust Studies, or Museum Education
- Strong knowledge of Jewish history
- Excellent writing skills, teaching, organizational, budgeting, and interpersonal skills
- If hired, we require all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious accommodation is needed as determined on a case by case basis.
- Reports to Senior Director of Education
- Supervises School and Teacher Coordinator
- Salary Range $65,000-$75,000 with a generous benefits package
- Full-Time, 40 hours a week
The Museum of Jewish Heritage is an equal opportunity employer. As a cultural institution that teaches about the dangers of intolerance, the Museum is dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion in its hiring practices.
For consideration, qualified candidates should submit their resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org