The Museum of Jewish Heritage – A Living Memorial to the Holocaust seeks a detail-oriented, proactive individual to provide essential marketing support and project coordination for the organization. The position requires exceptional organizational skills and excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. The candidate must possess a strong ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines, and work under varying degrees of supervision (including independently) in a fast-paced environment.
Successful candidates will be able to handle projects with a can-do attitude, thrive in a role with a high degree of discretion and responsibility, and feel comfortable interacting with all levels of the Museum community.
- Assist in the development of comprehensive marketing strategies under the supervision of the VP of Marketing and Communications
- Manage and optimize marketing campaigns ensuring effective customer engagement
- Create, edit, and proofread marketing materials ensuring consistency and alignment with the museum’s messaging
- Oversee production of visual marketing materials working with the Museum’s design consultants and working to create them
- Collaborate with the Museum’s Programs team to create and execute marketing plans for events
- Manage internal communication updates, fostering a cohesive and informed company culture
- Liaise with social media consultants providing content to enhance the museum’s presence and engagement and monitoring tone and results
- Identify organizations and Instagram influencers who can help increase the Museum’s visibility and form partnerships
- Help market Museum visits, tours, and programs to organizations, synagogues, schools.
- Work with the Museum’s digital team and consultants to update museum’s website CMS to optimize content
- Work with the Museum’s digital team and consultants to ensure video materials meet the Museum’s marketing goals.
- Working with the Museum’s digital team in email marketing for the organization
- Work closely with the VP of Marketing & Communications and cross-functional teams to align marketing efforts with museum’s objectives
- Track the department’s spending working with the VP to make sure budgets are on track
- Assist in the creation of the department’s employee scheduling
- Other duties as assigned
- Supervise, train, and manager one direct report
- Between 1-2 years of full-time Marketing experience with demonstrated interest in museums, cultural, Jewish, or non-profit organizations
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver high-quality, error-free work
- A positive attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Exceptional organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work accurately to meet deadlines
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong judgment and discretion
- Fluency with Office 360 and experience with website CMS systems (Raisers Edge or Altru preferred)
- Familiar with Google Analytics and Social Media management systems
- Ability to work occasional evenings and Sundays
- 2-year community college, B.A. or B.S. degree required
- If hired, we require all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious accommodation is needed as determined on a case by case basis.
- Reports to: Vice President of Marketing and Communications
- Salary compensation range: $45,000-$55,000 with generous benefits
- The successful candidate will expect to work onsite. (Limited/occasional telecommuting arrangements may be considered)
The Museum of Jewish Heritage is an equal opportunity employer. As a cultural institution that teaches about the dangers of intolerance, the Museum is dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion in its hiring practices.
For consideration, qualified candidates should submit their resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com