The Museum of Jewish Heritage – A Living Memorial to the Holocaust seeks a detail-oriented, proactive individual to provide essential administrative support and project coordination for the Executive Vice President, Strategy & Development. The Executive Assistant & Board Liaison will also serve as the administrative liaison to the Board of Trustees.
The position requires exceptional organizational skills and excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. The candidate must possess a strong ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines, and work under varying degrees of supervision (including independently) in a fast-paced environment.
Successful candidates will be able to handle projects with a can-do attitude, thrive in a role with a high degree of responsibility, and feel comfortable interacting with all levels of the Museum community.
- Serve as the main administrative support and liaison for the EVP, including answering phones, scheduling meetings, expense reporting, filing, greeting guests, and related tasks
- Coordinate the Trustee communications and Committee meetings, including scheduling, setting agendas, preparing minutes, organizing and distributing materials, and list management
- Liaise with Museum Trustees, funders, staff, consultants, vendors and other professional colleagues on behalf of the EVP, including drafting and editing letters, emails and reports
- Review and manage financial information and employee relations and employee issues in conjunction with EVP of Strategy and Development and as a conduit to the Board of Trustees
- Assist with the EVP’s to-do list and contact lists, ensuring accurate entries into the CRM system
- In conjunction with the Director of Database Operations, act as the Development coordinator of list management, including invitations and donor listings
- Create presentations, and write LOIs, proposals, and appeals as needed
- Coordinate special projects within the Development department and across the Museum
- At least 8-10 years of full-time administrative experience with demonstrated interest in museums, cultural, Jewish, or non-profit organizations
- A positive attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Exceptional organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work accurately to meet deadlines
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong judgement and discretion
- Fluency with Office 360 and experience with CRM systems (Raisers Edge or Altru preferred)
- Ability to work occasional evenings and Sundays. This position is not eligible for a remote work schedule.
- 2-year community college, B.A. or B.S. degree required
- Takes initiative, shows discretion
- If hired, we require all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious accommodation is needed as determined on a case by case basis.
Position reports to: Executive Vice President, Strategy & Development
The Museum of Jewish Heritage is an equal opportunity employer. As a cultural institution that teaches about the dangers of intolerance, the Museum is dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion in its hiring practices.
For consideration, qualified candidates should submit their resume and letter of interest including salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.