Under the supervision of the Director of Education and Outreach, this position manages department internship programs for high school and college students by:
- Oversees either directly or indirectly through management of staff preparing, implementing, evaluating, and reporting on High School Apprenticeship and Holocaust Education Internship programs;
- Implementing training for new interns and educators;
- Manages relationships with donors and funders for the above programs
- Supervising interns and fostering alumni relations, including site visits to observe students and interns
- Cultivating relationships with schools and teachers;
- Developing curriculum materials for internships and educational programs in coordination with supervisor;
- Developing and overseeing budget;
- Providing administrative support for internships when needed.
- Updating and maintaining Education Department budget spreadsheet, producing appropriate financial paperwork for staff, maintaining financial paperwork files for Education Department.
- Other responsibilities include inspecting galleries for visitor and artifact safety on a regular basis, leading tours for group visitors as needed, providing group entry back-up and administrative support for the Education Department along with other Education Department staff members, and other duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of Jewish history and practice
- MA in Judaic Studies, History, Holocaust Studies, Museum Education or a related field preferred
- 2-3 years’ work experience in formal education or museum education, including in a supervisory role, preferred
- Excellent teaching, organizational, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Reports to the Director of Education and Outreach
- Manages Internship Programs Coordinator position
- Salary: $40,000 – $50,000 with benefits
- Full-Time, 40 hours a week
- The successful candidate will expect to work onsite. (Limited/occasional telecommuting arrangements may be considered.)
The Museum of Jewish Heritage is an equal opportunity employer. As a cultural institution that teaches about the dangers of intolerance, the Museum is dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion in its hiring practices.
For consideration, candidates should submit their resume and a cover letter to: email@example.com