Under supervision of the Associate Director of School and Teacher Programs, this position is responsible for:
- Supporting the planning and implementation of professional development for teachers.
- Drafting monthly tour guide assignments and updating as needed.
- Taking primary responsibility for participation in teacher outreach fairs.
- Assisting in trainings of Museum Gallery Educators and interns.
- Drafting final reports on programs and department website content.
- Administrative tasks include event registration, updating outreach databases, preparing materials for professional development and interfaith school programs, creating and maintaining school and teacher attendance sheets, maintaining data for CTLE hours as appropriate, recording and archiving program recordings, and others.
- Other responsibilities including leading tours and lessons as needed, assisting with tour group entry, and other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Jewish history, Holocaust history, or museum education a plus.
- Excellent writing skills, organizational, budget, and interpersonal skills
- Computer proficiency
- If hired, we require all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious accommodation is needed as determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Reports to Associate Director of School and Teacher Programs
- Covered by the DC-37 collective bargaining agreement
- Annualized compensation rate of $39,998.40 ($19.23 per hour)
- Full-Time, 40 hours a week
The Museum of Jewish Heritage is an equal opportunity employer. As a cultural institution that teaches about the dangers of intolerance, the Museum is dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion in its hiring practices.
For consideration, qualified candidates should submit their resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com