Families enjoy free admission February 16 – February 25, winter break for many schools along the East Coast.
In addition to free admission:
- Daily walk-up tours will be available at 3 PM Sunday – Thursday and 11 AM Friday
- Special family programs for visitors ages 8 – 12:
Mention code FAMILIES FREE at the front desk for your free admission or use it in the checkout area to reserve tickets ahead of time.
Family-friendly exhibitions and installations now on view:
- The Number on Great-Grandpa’s Arm is suitable for young people and their parents. This installation features a 19-minute documentary presented by HBO and the Museum, as well as art and animation used in the film.
- The first floor of the Museum’s Core Exhibition, Jewish Life a Century Ago, celebrates the rich history of Jewish life and culture before World War II. The Museum offers a free guide for children ages 7 – 11 that contains engaging activities to help children of all backgrounds learn how to use artifacts to explore their own family’s heritage and traditions. Please request this free guide at the Ann & Abe Oster Welcome Desk in the main lobby.
- New Dimensions in Testimony℠:This installation offers an opportunity to have a virtual conversation with a Holocaust survivor through the use of cutting edge technology. The video below shows a young visitor interacting with Eva Schloss, one of the two survivors featured in New Dimensions in Testimony.