Under the supervision of the Internship Programs Manager, this position coordinates department internship programs for high school and college students by:
- Assist with preparing, implementing, evaluating, and reporting on High School Apprenticeship and Holocaust Education Internship programs;
- Assist with recruiting new interns;
- Organizing and staffing training for new interns;
- Assist with supervising interns and fostering alumni relations;
- Developing curriculum materials for internships in coordination with supervisor;
- Developing and overseeing budget in coordination with supervisor;
- Providing administrative support for internships.
- Updating and maintaining Education Department budget spreadsheet, producing appropriate financial paperwork for staff, maintaining financial paperwork files for Education Department.
- Reviewing student and teacher information from tour evaluation forms; sharing it with colleagues as appropriate.
- Greet and facilitate group entry, direct floor traffic in the galleries, and supervising group use of the classrooms.
- Other responsibilities include inspecting galleries for visitor and artifact safety on a regular basis, leading tours for group visitors as needed, providing administrative support for the Education Department along with other Education Department staff members, and other duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of Jewish history and practice
- BA in Judaic Studies, History, Holocaust Studies, Museum Education or a related field
- 1-2 years’ work experience in formal education or museum education preferred
- Excellent teaching, organizational, interpersonal and written communication skills.
Position reports to: Internship Programs Manager
- Reports to the Internship Programs Manager
- Covered by the DC-37 collective bargaining agreement
- Annual compensation rate of $39,998 ($19.23/hr)
- Full-time, 40 hours weekly
The Museum of Jewish Heritage is an equal opportunity employer. As a cultural institution that teaches about the dangers of intolerance, the Museum is dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion in its hiring practices.
For consideration, qualified candidates should submit their resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com