The Security Coordinator will have oversight responsibilities for all security posts at the Museum. The Supervisor shall coordinate access control, patrol, and response efforts of Contract Security in support of the Museum’s policies.
- Will ensure all posts are covered in accordance with the contract at all times and will notify the Security Manager immediately of any uncovered post.
- Will ensure all personnel are properly attired and perform in a professional manner.
- Will assist the Security Manager in setting up and scheduling the type and times of all interior and exterior tours for review and approval by the Security Manager.
- Will do random post visits for officer testing on post orders and procedures and will conduct post visits on a random basis at least once a week.
- Assist in the orientation for paid detail of all MJH facilities.
- Assist other MJH departments to ensure they have adequate security coverage
- Assist the Security Manager in responsibilities including Scheduling, updating SOP and overall departmental procedures, Evacuation and Emergency Planning, and Security Training for outsourced security team and MJH staff
- Provide an accurate inventory of all security equipment (e.g. Cameras, radios, etc.) to the Security Manager
- The Coordinator shall be responsible for submitting reports on individual incidents, taking corrective actions to ensure compliance with security mandates, defining tours/patrols, and submitting a summary report of all activities daily to the Security Manager.
- Manage the in/out mail system for the museum
- Three years’ general security experience in a professional or public facility.
- Technical skills and experience in operating a security console, metal detection, and X-ray screening equipment.
- Must exhibit strong interpersonal abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Creative self-starter with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and with staff at all levels of the organization and a variety of leadership styles.
- Reports to the Security Manager
- Salary compensation range $40,000 – $50,000 with generous benefits
- The successful candidate will be expected to work onsite. (Limited/ occasional telecommuting arrangements may be considered.)
The Museum of Jewish Heritage is an equal-opportunity employer. As a cultural institution that teaches the dangers of intolerance, the Museum is dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion in its hiring practices.
For consideration, qualified candidates should submit their resume and letter of interest, to: firstname.lastname@example.org