The Speakers Bureau Coordinator oversees all day-to-day operations of the Museum’s Holocaust survivors Speakers Bureau, who share the stories of their lives with students and community members so that others can experience the power of learning about the Holocaust from an eyewitness survivor.
- Primary responsibility for onsite group entry along with Group Tours Coordinator
- Handle all day-to-day operations of the Museum’s Holocaust survivors Speakers Bureau, including on- and offsite events, the annual meeting, and Yom HaShoah at the Museum
- Represent the Museum at and communicate to Museum constituents Speakers Bureau members’ life cycle events, including drafting life histories to be used as memorial texts
- Draft and adhere to finalized Speakers Bureau budget
- Coordinate implementation of the Markowitz book grant with support of supervisor
- Carry out day-to-day responsibilities for the Polish pension process for Holocaust survivors
- Document, maintain files, and submit financial paperwork for the Education Department
- Other responsibilities include inspecting galleries for visitor and artifact safety on a regular basis, leading tours for group visitors as needed, providing administrative support for the Education Department along with other Education Department staff members, and other duties as assigned.
Requirements: Strong knowledge of Jewish history and practice; BA in Judaic Studies, History, Holocaust Studies, Museum Education or a related field, (MA in related field preferred); 2 years’ work experience in formal education or museum education; excellent teaching, organizational, interpersonal and written communication skills; and computer proficiency.
- Reports to the Senior Director of Education
- Covered by the DC-37 collective bargaining agreement
- Annualized compensation rate of $41,080 ($19.75 per hour)
- Full-time, 40 hours a week
The Museum of Jewish Heritage is an equal opportunity employer. As a cultural institution that teaches about the dangers of intolerance, the Museum is dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion in its hiring practices.
For consideration, qualified candidates should submit their resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org