The Museum of Jewish Heritage – A Living Memorial to the Holocaust offers unparalleled space rental opportunities in a lower Manhattan setting that is at once beautiful, meaningful, and inspirational.
Make the breathtaking vides of the New York Harbor the backdrop for your next memorable social, corporate, or non-profit event.
The Museum of Jewish Heritage is a versatile venue for gala dinners, conferences, luncheons, film/commercial shoots, performances, theater presentations, and everything in between. We also offer customized event experiences for significant life celebrations such as engagements, weddings, mitzvahs, and memorials.
All nine of our distinctive event spaces are housed in the Robert M. Morgenthau wing, an 82,000-square-foot addition unveiled in 2003, while the hexagonal Core building housing the Museum’s main exhibitions opened in 1997. Both buildings were designed by Pritzker Prize-winning architects Kevin Roche and John Dinkeloo with interiors by Patrick Gallagher and exterior plaza and landscaping by Olin Studio.
- The turnkey Edmond J. Safra Hall was recently renovated from top to bottom and features a flexible stage with a house of 357 fixed seats and integrated cameras for livestreaming to a limitless virtual audience.
Anne & Bernard Spitzer Grand Foyer (Main Lobby):
• Open plan lobby facilitates quick guest registration and check-in
• Flows easily to all event spaces via stairs and elevators
• Built-in coat check room and direct access to restrooms
• Jerusalem limestone
• Perfect companion space with Edmond J Safra Hall for pre-/post-program receptions and exhibitors
• Separate entrance and exit doors
• Capacity: 300 cocktails
Edmond J. Safra Hall
• Flexible stage and newly renovated sound, projection and capture equipment
• Purpose-built for dramatic performances, concerts, film screenings, conferences, lectures and readings
• Gently raked seating in two sections with a center landing: 10 rows in wheelchair-accessible lower section and 7 rows in upper section
• Green rooms available
• Full technical specs provided on request
• Capacity: 375+ seats depending on stage extensions
Education Center Classrooms and Resource Center
• Two large or four smaller rooms (partitioned using airwalls) for conference breakouts, workshops, and small receptions
• An additional Resource Center is a well-proportioned seminar room
• All rooms equipped with LCD projectors
• Capacities: 30 each seated
- Our dedicated Events Hall with panoramic harbor views can be rented as a standalone banquet space for daytime and evening events for up to 350 guests seated or 400 guests standing.
Second Floor Lobby
• Features warm hardwood floors, walls and ceiling
• Easy access to the Garden of Stones Patio, overlooking the site-specific memorial land art sculpture by Andy Goldsworthy
• Best as pre-function space used in conjunction with Events Hall
• Can be combined with Café space
• Capacities: 350 for cocktails, 240 seated
LOX at Café Bergson with Garden of Stones Patio
• Can be privatized for private dining, sunny brunches, family and friends functions
• Direct access to Garden of Stones Patio, overlooking the site-specific memorial land art sculpture by Andy Goldsworthy
• Expansion space for the second floor lobby
• Capacities: 80 seated meal, 120 cocktails
• Three walls of windows for sweeping panoramic views of New York Harbor and Statue of Liberty
• Warm woods and mirrored surfaces, carpeted floor, access to balcony
• Open atmosphere with clear sightlines throughout
• Drop-down projection screen and window shades
• Large catering kitchen
• Capacities: 350 dinner, 450 cocktails, 250 classroom-style, 450 theatre-style
- Enjoy a sunset cocktail or exchange vows on the intimate Memorial Terrace overlooking the Museum’s courtyard, showcasing the Garden of Stones land art sculpture by Andy Goldsworthy with the Statue of Liberty in the distance.
Third Floor Lobby
• Warm hardwood floors and ceiling
• Direct access to Memorial Terrace
• Access to special exhibition gallery and core collection building via covered breezeway
• Capacities: 150 dinner, 250 receptions
• Lush daytime and sunset views of Garden of Stones, Wagner Park, New York Harbor
• Ideal space for intimate outdoor wedding ceremonies or sunset happy hours
• Capacities: 100 cocktails, 60 theater-style
Morris & Fannie Pickman Keeping History Center
• Intimate, hushed room with sweeping views of New York Harbor
• Standalone space for meetings, readings, press conferences, cocktails and wedding ceremonies
• Alternate space for events planned for Memorial Terrace in case of inclement weather
• Guests can experience the Voices of Liberty interactive exhibition, which leads into this space
• Capacities: 150 cocktails, 100 theater-style