To ensure compliance with local health and safety guidelines, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for all Museum visitors 12 years and older.
If you are unvaccinated there are still many ways to engage with the Museum. We offer a robust series of virtual and streamed events, as well as virtual tours. You can watch videos on our YouTube channel. Sign up for our weekly programs newsletter to keep informed.
Acceptable forms of COVID-19 vaccination proof are:
- Excelsior Pass
- NYC COVID Safe App: Android | iOS
- CDC Vaccination Card
- NYC Vaccination Record
- An official immunization record from outside NYC or the U.S.
All visitors are required to:
- Avoid visiting the Museum if you have symptoms of COVID-19, have been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 14 days, or have been in close contact (within 6 feet (2 m) for 10 minutes or more) with someone infected with or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
- Obtain an advance ticket for in person events at the Museum.
- Wear a face mask covering the mouth and nose throughout the visit (for all visitors ages 2 and up) and remain with your party. Children ages 12 and under must remain with vaccinated adults in their party at all times.
- Maintain physical distancing of 6 feet (2m) with others outside your group.
- Follow directions from staff and signage for physical distancing, reducing contact, and other guidelines for use of facilities.
The health and safety of our visitors and staff are our top priorities. The Museum is doing the following to help keep staff and visitors safe:
- Requiring advance registration for in person programs.
- Disinfecting and cleaning to meet CDC guidelines.
- Adding plexiglass barriers at the Visitor Services desk.
- Upgrading ventilation systems.
- Designating paths and adding markers to promote physical distancing.
- Limiting elevator and restroom capacity to maintain physical distancing.
- Providing hand sanitizer stations throughout the building.
- Making temperature checks available at the front entrance.