This three-day festival of readings and performances, including theater, music, and conversation, will challenge the stereotypes of Jewish women’s lives and elevate their voices.
Sample events are below; complete schedule available from this link.
Tickets for each day are available, as well as tickets to the Celebration held Tuesday from 6 – 8 PM. Or purchase the All Festival Pass which includes all three days as well as the Celebration.
Day One: Jewish Women Before the Holocaust | Tuesday, March 20, 10 AM – 5 PM
• Excerpts and full-length readings about Biblical figures (Tamar, Lot’s Wife, Devorah) as well as historical figures (Emma Goldman, Stella Adler)
• Lilith Salon: Historical Perspectives on Jewish Women (moderated by Lilith Magazine staff)
Celebration | Tuesday, March 20, 6 – 8 PM
• Songs and monologues by established and up-and-coming writers performed by actors including Tovah Feldshuh, the writers themselves, and more
Day Two: Jewish Women in the Holocaust and Its Aftermath | Wednesday, March 21, 10 AM – 6 PM
• Excerpts and full-length readings about well-known women such as Hannah Arendt, Hannah Senesh, Edith Stein, as well as unnamed women of that time
• Lilith Salon: The Damage of the Holocaust—The Discussed and Undiscussed Toil (moderated by Lilith Magazine staff)
Day Three: Jewish Women in the Twentieth Century to Now | Thursday, March 22, 10 AM – 6 PM
• Excerpts and full-length readings about Lee Krasner, Shirley Jackson, Monica Lewinsky
• Lilith Salon: What IS a Jewish Woman? (moderated by Lilith Magazine staff)
Choose from the links below to purchase tickets: